In order for access control systems to operate, the locks must be electrically controlled instead of mechanical. For this reason, manufacturers have produced electric locks.
The types of electric locks are listed below:
- Magnetic Locks; Locks based on electromagnetic force,
- Electric Lock Provisions; Solenoid Controlled Mechanical Jaw Locks,
- Electric Bolts; Solenoid Driven Pin Locks,
- Electromechanical Locks; Mechanical Locks Locking Using Electromagnetic Force,
- Drawer Cabinet Locks; Electromagnetic, Solenoid and Motorized Reduced Locks,
- Door Holders; Locks that release open fire doors to prevent fire spreading in buildings.
In this category you will find magnetic locks, electric locks, electromechanical locks, electric door latches and accessories.